Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday...Virus.

First symptom: yesterday morning woke up with a sore throat and a tremendous amount of drainage making its way unrestricted down my throat. Fever, chills. Nose ran most of the day but the biggest part of it was backwards adding to the sore throat.

Could not get to sleep until somewhere around 5am this morning. Tired of laying in bed. Not as much fever so far today, but eyes feel like they are kind of dried out on the backside..how "eyes" feel in a bad head cold. Some periodic sneezing. Sometime during the night hours extreme brain pain (most people would probably call that a bad headache but not having much experience with headaches in my life it just struck me as "brain pain"....especially if I exerted any energy, even trying to stand up.)

Several types of virus are running wild in this town, I'm hopeful this is like the one little LG brought home from school...a couple days and i start feeling better, but will develop into a nasty cough...no coughing so far for me yet. That is just fine too, the battle with double pneumonia about 6 months back was rough enough.

So, visiting is "off the list" for today...this thing seems pretty highly contagious if it captured me and my immune system and overall health is great. Don't know how the day is going to go, will have to make a run to the pharmacist in a while for my monthly meds but other than that I plan on puttering around this place just enough to keep me fed. My eyes aren't enjoying television...so will probably rig the audible books through the 8 speaker system I connect them to and try to "read" that way.

My audible book collection is pretty awesome...so if someone out there with the same in printed text is losing their eyesight over the next few years...we may need to get in touch and make a trade.

Think it is looking like a great day out the window. Plan to have a great day resting. Many trails I've walked in life didn't permit me to rest when I felt like this...but my current one does, so I'll enjoy it. Be well. Enjoy your weekends.

No comments: