Friday, October 30, 2009

Catching Up

Friday Morning. A full 7 days has completed since waking up with this virus. Feel much better though still have plenty of coughing up the white stuff, so not exerting much. Looks like I'll be on target to be non contagious and physically well enough to help out Monday and a bit Tuesday and maybe Wednesday as Pops and Ma get this massive fund raiser "store" set up and operated and taken back down...proceeds going to help fund the little medical outreach center to provide medical care for those that have nothing. Sometimes those two stay so busy doing stuff for people I get tired just imagining that much activity.

Camper Trailer living has proved to be very positive. One critical factor for both morale and hygiene in such small quarters is cleanliness and order. I'm still a long ways from having it pass a boot camp inspection...but with the improvement in my health the past few days I've proportionaltely increased efforts to restore. Meaning, the last two days I've washed and washed and washed..dishes, blankets, sheets, clothes, mirrors, sinks, counter tops, vacuumed the floor and have a few mud spots to take my scrub brush to on the carpet after all the running in and out in the mud fixing the break in the waterline inside.

Today waking up at 530 but it was still dark, I slept another couple hours off and on till finally getting up...saw that brother K had tried to chat a few times during the night..sent a reply..and surprisingly got one back..sucker was still awake!! But he was just on his way to bed. My only advice to him was "best off getting to bed while the woman is still in it". Anyhow...WHO AM I to give HIM marriage advice. (Yeah those who know my track record would find that hysterical).

Alot planned for the day. Hope to get to most of it. Throw the shampoo and soap into a plastic store sack, grab a towel, walk up to the showers, enjoy a nice hot shower on this brisk morning. Maybe get out the hair clippers and thin my moustache a bit..getting woolier than my head. Thinking about a haircut but not sure yet what to do with my hair this time...may go ahead and get a good clean up around the sides and back. Then I got some friends that need some help on a floor repair, so maybe head by the cave and pick up some tools and run knock that out. May get my old laptop while at the cave and take the hard drive out and hook to my usb attached enclosure that lets you plug in a notebook drive laptop. Transfer that over to this computer in a folder all its own.

Got some really good beans to reheat for first meal. Contrary to all modern day wisdom and knowledge...my diet works best if I don't eat a thing during the first 4-6 hours..feel the hunger...let the stomach contract...thats the idea. Now back to the beans...this time instead of just cutting up a couple pieces of bacon and throwing them into the pot to simmer the 3 hours with the beans...this time I "browned" the little bacon pieces in the skillet, lightly searing them on both sides...then dumped them bacon grease and all into the bean pot. Made a difference!For a couple cups of dry beans I also add about a third a stick of real butter, and close to a table spoon of salt, and a teaspon or two of fresh black pepper and stir it now and again half way thru the cooking. Cover with a lid that is vented. Yep that bacon trick improved it a BUNCH...gave the beans a hint of bacon flavor.

That will be my first meal, reheat that.
Other meal today, probably make some rice, stir in some drained mixed vegetables during the last 5 min of the rice simmer, then when it is all done, and finished its 5 min. covered cool down...Stir in a small can of tuna...and kick back, maybe watch a movie and eat it out of the pan.

This RV park has land all the way to the highway, it would be the ideal spot for a very very cool miniature golf course and this entire county virtually does not have one that is open and ready for business.

Still have alot to sort through and get done in here, and LG will be gone trick or treating and staying over with her friend, so ..here's to a productive weekend..let us hope :)

1 comment:

Marbella said...

good to hear you are feeling better.