Monday, October 05, 2009

The day after

So tired, but so much to do. Been a busy week end ! But busy with such that makes us call life "good". Wash all the dishes and get them put away. Hang up her coat, put up her toothbrush, put away the "fire bowl" into "her" cabinets. Take out the trash. Clean the counters and the stove

. Had very few things to get done today business wise, but giving myself the day off because when I think about it...It feels like I need it.

Then remembered I had a 930 "soft" appt. to meet with my ear doc because my repaired left hearing aid was in. Got there about 10:30 and waited close to 45 minutes. He's the kindest man, very tall and lean and compassionate. Seems like they are functioning well so I head for the phone place to pay my pay in advance cool phone plan, but they only take cash I gotta call this 3 digit number and give them my card number over the phone to set the payments up that way instead of cash. Wow, the world is so different than when I walked the streets as a boy.

The night was short, think it was 5am when the pillow pulled me with a tractor beam. And 10 when I got up...and it was a gradual waking to the productivity demands of the day.
I see this or that and it reminds me of what she said or did involving the item and I'm "reliving" the weekend.

How I wish every parent could treasure this experience, at least twice a month you have one on one time with each child. whether it is playing games or driving or laughing together, sharing a movie, but part or most of it should be "talking" to "understand/meet/learn" your child and who they are becoming. Our time is devoted to each other. The urgents that "must be done" are just done together.

It was a good time, a very good time spent with my kid. But today, being a bit old, I paid with pain and tiredness and business...but it was worth it and always will be.

2 comments:

Marbella said...

Life is ironic. We are so busy "taking care" of our kids as they are growing up that we don't seem to have the time for a lot of "down" time. Then when we get to be grandparents, we have the time but not the strength to last more than a day or two with the little ones. But sometimes that makes it even more special.

Ger said...

I'm slowly just beginning to comprehend that...LOL, strange to feel "tired and old". Time passes so quickly.