Saturday, October 03, 2009

i'm told it's morning

We stayed up till about 2 a.m. watching movies and playing UNO, so when my internal clock woke me at 5am my external brain said..not yet. A couple hours later, hearing little biscuit stirring around I looked across the isle to her bed and saw her looking back at me. We both laughed. I burped at her...timing worked for her cause then she cut loose a toot. "Oh No!" covering my head under the cover in a dramatic exaggerated reaction..which busted her out in laughter.

We're both hungry but she suggested we move our Park walk up to "before" we eat breakfast. Laughing, I asked her "aren't you hungry?". "Yeah, but I'd be hungry after the walk anyway so this way when I eat I'll be really really wanting it". Dang!! Doesn't take a DNA test to tell that genetic match was made out of part me. Thought I was only one that thought that way...found hunger churnings can be a positive thing. Well, sure alot of adults agree that it is prime eating when it is preceded by genuine hunger...but this kid is only EIGHT.

Anyhow, think the sterner "Dad!" tone is coming if I postpone our walk any longer. Hope it is a GOOD MORNING for all. LOL.

3 comments:

Marbella said...

I can just visualize that little precious face with those sparkling eyes.

emc said...

How is the king of graceland liking her new digs? She's seems pretty adaptable :-)

Ger said...

Ya..like a duck in the water...or out..she loves the camper..and I incorporate her in everything from cooking to any game or chore..she said she feels more like an adult here..LOL.