Friday, July 07, 2006

THE "wet my pants" Look

Picked up my little Grace Kelly this morning. We made up songs
about anything she chose on the way home. One challenging
selection was "pink and gray"...the song ended up being about a
guy that had his fingernails painted pink on one hand, gray on
the other,..to the girls he hid his gray hand and they admired
the pretty pink..to the boys he folded up the pink hand and told
them the nails turned gray from the work he was doing.

The next game was what I call "expressions"...it starts out
simple.."make a sad face"...then "an angry face", then the "i wet
my pants" face...then the "i pooped my pants face" then the "i
don't know" face, then the "surprised face" and the "I'm really
thinking about it" face. When it came to the "wet my pants" face
that kid did such an excellent expression it was hysterical!!
She even got a kick out of it, but of course seeing how it
cracked me up so much she wanted me to keep mixing that one into
the list.

When we finally got to the one lane road that leads 3/4 mile up
to the house, I stopped the car and reached over and unbuckled
her from the car seat, (which made her instantly curious what was
up), picked her up and sat her in my lap and said "you drive".
We proceeded slowly about 2mph and if you watched from above we
would appear to be running a slolom around invisible cones as she
got the feel for how turning the wheel affected the direction of
the car. She did pretty good for a 4 year old.

Once we got to the house she immediately spotted and wanted the
watermelon that was in the kitchen floor. So I sliced it up into
pretty good size wedges..she ate probably what would fill 4
cereal bowls full if it were cut up into chunks, then she played
a video game on tv, then scratched at a mole on her back and we
doctored it...and her temperament had turned quickly to reveal
she was much in need of a nap.

Before going to sleep though I read her some story about a mama goat with 7 kids, and a hungry wolf...who later in the story eats 6 of the 7 young goats..and the mama goat ends up sneaking up on the sleeping wolf, cutting him open, getting out her kids, putting big rocks in and sewing him up. Later when the wolf wakes up thirsty they sneak behind
it as he drinks from the river and they butt him into it...with a
belly full of stones of course he drowns. Wow..couldn't let her
go to sleep with that one on her mind, (and THAT was a bed time
story!!)..so Green Eggs and Ham was a good choice. At the moment
she is fast asleep. We will be up to who knows what when she
awakes...

Speaking of a different wolf now...my friend wolf called moments ago,
detoxed, planning to try to go back into the navy reserves then
the full time navy. The big question is whether or not he would
be accepted. Hope so, since that kind of structure is what he
has historically done his best in. I encouraged him to try...and
if they don't let him in then he can go onto another plan but he
won't have missed the opportunity IF it exists. I wonder how many times we miss opportunitys by failing to try because of some fear that we won't be allowed to get-er-done?

Enjoyed a visit at Ma and Pirate Gem's last night. Good steak and
good visiting, but unfortunately I was still exhausted from
working thru the night on the shop and the bookcase (and the day
brought no nap as was originally planned) so I fell asleep on the
couch over there for a couple hours. Slept good. Meanwhile
Pirate Gem has been busy working on his online store site and
seems to be picking up some html and some other aspects of
internetting pretty quick. I think he's soon to get his own
independent webpage now. He's excited about this new project and
life is always more fun when you can keep on an exciting project.
He's advancing surprisingly quick in all his
endeavors...impressive.

4 comments:

Marbella said...

What an awesome little tyke you have there and she is so lucky to have you for her Dad.

emc said...

I wish I could have seen BOTH yer faces on that wet your pants look, ROFL

emc said...

Oh, wait a minute, is that what you're doing in that picture?!!

o_O

Ger said...

ROFL...I DID ACTUALLY EXPECT YOU TO SAY THAT MR. K.