Thursday, July 27, 2006

THOUSAND OF MILES & RAIN

Thanks for the comments on Paradise Lost...I'm not giving up hope that it will all work out to be a good thing, but its still a concernable concern. Last night as I headed west almost into oklahoma city, the sun was setting, it was right below the visor, and it was obviously a full-sun. (if they can have full moons...this was a full sun). It was waxing (lots of shine) but no waining...dang its been dry thru there.

This morning, as the sun was coming up I was headed east out of Omaha...but instead of getting blasted with a sun filled visor...just dang near got "drownded" in buckets of water, it was POURING DOWN...almost all the way from Omaha to Des Moines...I remember once upon a time when it rained like that in south central oklahoma...but its been so long ago...if it has rained like that anytime in the past several years I was probably gone and missed it, but it was just nice to see that much water falling from the sky again at least someplace.

Not much news today, just stopped here for a spell under a nice tall cloud in the southern edge of Cedar Rapids Iowa, 872 miles from where I was last night, waiting on mrs. beans to get done at the tooth doc and I'm going to have to wrap this up so I can concentrate more singularly on where today's meal will be "et" before we start the next leg of the trip...750 more miles to go.

Those nephews that caught a ride on the express route to omaha were home shortly after 6am...think they were excited to be home ...even though the yacky one was coming up with imaginary things he had left behind and wondered if they might could "run back and get them"...LOL.

1 comment:

Marbella said...

Thanks again for delivering our cubettes to home base. We miss them but are thankful for the visit. We are prepared for the next cubette. He and Kashia should be in around 10 pm give or take a few hours. Drove your car today to get my haircut and almost got a speeding ticket and nearly drove into a store front. After the van, the front of cars get where I am going 30 minutes before I do. Not to worry, it is now parked safely under the carport!!