Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Quiet Wednesday Morning

For catch up...Monday morning little Grace Kelly and I picked about 1/3 of a gallon of blackberries before she gave out, there is probably another 1/2 gallon out back to get picked or lose. I've always enjoyed gathering blackberries but personally don't eat them, Just can't see all those little seeds as being healthy. That can't be all of it though because I'll even pass up seedless blackberry jelly. Go figure.

Tuesday I hit the floor around 5am but by 5pm I called it a day. Pretty hot out there! Took ms. Kelly back to her mom's and since they are finishing up the process of another move...hauled the leftover furniture back with me to ms. Kelly's mom's mom. Then on to check on Mrs. Beans at the doctor as they try to figure out why she's been coughing for a month.

Finally after all these years gave up on avoiding the podiatrist and found me one in oklahoma city, called em up and said "i'm flat footed since birth, overrun my instep, and my knees are starting to be a problem" and they said "we can help" so the appointment has been made. Should be interesting, they xray the feet and then make castings of each foot so the tech on the other end can make a positive mold and then design the orthotic specifically for the correction I need. From what I could determine to ask the whole process should run about $500. If that will get me back to where I can enjoy walking again...it will be money well spent.

Dreaming like crazy lately, and they are even starting to make sense again. After essentially NOT dreaming for so long, then starting on fish oil 1000mg each day the dreams started almost immediately so I'm inclined to believe Mr. K who recommended fish oil on the basis that it provided food the brain readily consumed.

First part of next week we get the Omaha nephews for a bit, really looking forward to that. Probably going to set up some targets out back and let them get after it with the bb guns and sling shots and bow and arrows. Just gotta make a hard and fast rule about shooting my birds and squirrels and rabbits. I've worked at keeping them around, there isn't near as many as there should be for this rural of an area, so I don't want to lose the few we've got. I know I shot at the old armadillo the other day, but when ya see the size holes that sucker has been digging in my yard for me to trip over...and the shear ugliness of the thing...I'm perfectly willing to let someone else raise them for posterity's viewing pleasure.

Tentative plans are to get back to work in about 3-4 weeks. Which will be wonderful but this is wonderful too... Guess I'd better wrap this up, got some projects planned for this morning including breakfast at this quaint little cafe, a search thru the cave for some needed items then maybe a swim at ma's place. So far it has been a quiet and peaceful day, Hope allyua'll enjoy this Wednesday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thinking about checking out the fish oil, tablets or liquid?

emc said...

I'd recommend the softgels, they're "individually" wrapped so stay fresh longer than the liquid bottles. Fish oil can become rancid, so refrigerate after opening. Look for a brand that uses wild rather than farmed fish and that has been 3rd party tested for purity (i.e. no mercury, pcb's and lead)

This is a good brand:

Fish Oil Softgels (1000 mg)

Info on why

SleepyElf said...

Hey hey.. When you get those orthotics go easy the first week or two. I couldn't stand them for more than about half an hour the first week and my feet would me cramping so bad I couldn't stand up. Took me about a month to get them in my shoes permanently.

If you go to have any surgery or major dental work they should warn you off the fish oils for a week before and 2 weeks after. It has some blood thinning properties.

emc said...

Ya, good suggestion about the surgery and fish oil sleepy, here's a little more contextual info too on fish oil and how to use it effectively:

http://urlci.com/159820

From Martha Stewart's web site, of all places. But still has some good general info.

Anonymous said...

ok, i am going to try the fish oil. wonder if it'll make me sleep walk?