Friday, July 14, 2006

Paint

Finished painting the first coat on the shower floor at 1am this morning. If painting were a graded subject, don't know if I ever would have gotten better than a "B" in it, probably but on occasion would have gotten much less...but I do know that it has been a very long time,(like 2 decades), since I had done any real painting with a paint brush...it was surprising how much I had forgotten.

Maybe I'll order one of those shirts from that USTACUD link...and when it gets paint drippings all over it...I'll explain the meaning of the shirt "use to could"...as I point to the paint mess and say "being neater with the paintbrush is one of the things that qualifies me to wear the shirt".

You wouldn't think a small concrete shower floor would be that tough of a job, but then again...its nothing BUT edges and then ya throw in a drain cover in the middle. Surface prep was the hardest part. And then there is the usual afterwards..."the usual"?...Yeah, thats where you go..."ya know, it didn't look that color on the paint chart".

I was trying to blend it with some green that is in the shower wallboard...but seems like I ended up with what I call a "swimming pool green". To describe it in hearing terms instead of visual...its playing just a little off key, and its playing loud. Now the tough part is...should I try to correct the color by buying more paint of a different shade and using that for the second coat? Sometimes that works out...sometimes thats like asking a good singer to join the choir...but leaving the bad one in there with the mic turned up too high.

Actually I think I'm starting to like it...kind of "unique"...but have you ever noticed there are just SOME things that the wife can view and comment "unique"...and that means you're eventually going to be going to the paint store?

1 comment:

Marbella said...

Should we take bets on how long it will be before another trip to the paint store? I found out that lighting and small swatches of carpet can make colors look different in a store and when its "to late" you realize the color is to light.