Wednesday, July 05, 2006

JULY 4TH AND NO FIREWORKS

As much as I use to love playing with fireworks and explosives, and as many commercial firework shows as I've seen around the country...I'm kind of surprised that this year I just had no interest in seeing or exploding. The only explosive I set off tonight was a .22 caliber shot at an armadillo but it was too dark to get the sites lined up right and I missed it. Mrs. Beans was relieved, she was hoping it would get away. (i guess I can keep filling in holes in the yard).

We had an enjoyable evening visiting and eating hamburgers at Ma's, and had a chance to visit with the kids and grandkid. Afterwords Pirate Gem and I discussed how its not just 4th of July fireworks that have waned in excitement...its lighting up in full decor for Christmas too...it just seems like more work than its worth. Maybe there are just too many other interests in life and those just don't seem worth the effort anymore. Who knows.

Sam starts his first full time job today...but it doesn't appear his bipolar cycles are working real good for him yet so we're all a bit concerned. If he can just make it over the threshold into his new life maybe he might have a fighting chance...?

Wolf called today, seems he had all the sobriety he could stand so he's back to work full time trying to finish destroying his life and any progress he made in it the past few weeks.

Not too much to post about today...but I'll try to come up with something in a day or two...(but then again I'm kind of hoping it will be too calm and quiet)

1 comment:

Marbella said...

there you go, using the "use to" expression again.