Monday, June 05, 2006

Wow...5th of June, 2006. A GREAT MORNING so far, hit the road about 4am, got to Albuq. by 6am, and finished getting everything ready for the unload by 7...so I settled back and ate a few boiled egg whites, and a few pieces of that "Hearty thick cut bologna" that Oscar Mayer swears is made up only of Quality meat, No Filler. Whatever the heck that means...i kind of thought balogna wasn't anything BUT "filler", but thats about all I want to think about that because too much thought can just ruin a good thing, and I happen to like my balogna. It is around 67 degrees (farenheit of course...c'mon). And the city is yawning and kicking about but hadn't really woke up yet...Just the way I like it. Had some excellent news about young Sam, seems they've figured out him to have that bipolar disorder. If you've ever read "His Bright Light"...by Danielle Steele...(always hope I've spelled her name right), then you will know how elated I am that this has been diagnosed and will be treated at the young age of 18 before it was too late. If you know anybody that just flat aint got no legitimate reason to want to die but wants to cut themselves anyway, and they dive suddenly off into the booze and coke and crave them xanax bars...and then seem to just quit every pursuit in life but art or music, better get em into a psychiatrist just as quick as you can close out your computer, and that is no joke. If you haven't read "HIS BRIGHT LIGHT"...well, you really orta. Ya ya I know, I'll translate for you yankie doodle dandies...orta is short for ought to. Same number of syllables but a whole lot easier to say. Speaking of which, I had a most awesome history teacher in college by the name of Raymond Muncy...a truly fascinating teacher. He explained that during the days of Dr. Hook, (Hookworm was named after the guy...gee thanks) that throughout the south..where the climate was warm and humid , people commonly went barefoot, but so also entered the hookworm, which in its advanced stages results in slow, and more sluggish or even "lazy" speech. Dr. Muncy exposed me to the theory that these advanced stage people were the adults...teaching the youngens how to talk. So if you wondered how and the world the english propers that arrived on the east coast ended up talkun southern in the south...it might perplex you greatly...especially since the only other languages spoken in the area sure didn't sound like the southern dialect either. Until you give the late Mr. Muncy's theory some thought. Goodnuff fer me. Anyhow, my other kin..old wolf, got legally persuaded to forget that outpatient stuff and go for inpatient for a few weeks to see if they couldn't help him get that firewater into perspective. Thats actually a relief, so I've got some elation about this being a dang good morning, temperature and time of arrival, good food, and Sam and Wolf...both getting some real help that give me high hopes. (Since ya probably don't know me all that well as of yet, you'll find that if there is a reason for high hope that can be found in anything, I'll pert near find it every time. Exciting day. Monday. Where am I off to next? Well, just down the road a couple miles to finish this mornings work...then...who knows...I'll let you know when the bossmen figure that out. Currently reading "Sacketts land" by Louis L'amour...a very top notch read. I've heard part of it on audio books before and wanted to know the rest of the story. The audio version is read by a guy with a bit of an irish like accent so it really set the tone in my head just right for this reading (yeah, thats probably why i read slow...i read aloud in my head)...well, actually i've been reading it aloud to my wife, she seems to enjoy that so its just something I do on occasion. Get out there and Getterdone..and by golly enjoy doing it !!

No comments: