Monday, June 12, 2006

Darn near a full moon still. I've been looking forward to the full moon this month for the past couple weeks, why? Hmmm, couldn't really tell ya but if ya drive all over the country, full moons are always welcome, especially on some of those dark two lane roads. Plus..if you see the full moon..the weather aint too bad. It is only barely still Monday...I love Mondays...so a darn near full moon at a time that is darn near still Monday, that just makes for a fine night.

Sam got released from the hospital today, and so far...at least as far as today is concerned he has made the right decision and accepted the terms and moved back home with the plans to work diligently to establishing a home of his own. I picked him up and had an hour and a half to try to guide him wisely. Its just really hard for teenagers to understand the implications of experience...I define experience as "been there done that" and to a wise man...the words of experience are priceless, but otherwise...words of experience are like Charlie Browns Teacher..bwah bwah blah bwah blah bwah....Maybe he will get started in actually building himself a life as he wants it...thats my goal in helping anyone...QUIT DESTROYING YOUR LIFE and build it the way you really want it! Make the plan, and make the sacrifices and DO the work that is needed to make your life the way you want it!! Sheesh, GETERDONE!!

Got a chance to talk to Wolf's better half today, and that was great news, sounds like they aren't just helping him get firewater in perspective but life itself...and it sounds like he is actually doing some listening and constructive changes...There is no way to explain to you after this many years of worry, what wonderful news that is. I'm very thankful that he has such a friend/mate in his life to bear with him through out this whole ordeal...though I'm amazed she stuck it out, cause I sure wouldn't have put up with that crap in her position as long as she has. He's got a once in a lifetime partner there, and he should be thanking the Good Lord for her. I'm going to hope he truly is on the road to building a good life.

I didn't get to see Mew today, but I understand he is wanting to move here, so I've offered to him that he can set himself up a place in the best/prettiest spot on my property and live there as long as he wants. Hope he takes me up on it, it would be a nice place for him...and I enjoy having him around even if he is kin. He's one heck of a young man.

Saw that darn cat today, ole ms. josephine...after being with us for the past 3 or 4 years travelling the country...it is still weird that all of a sudden she took off and keeps her distance from us totally. She will come around when we're working in the yard and just look at us from afar. LOL...Cats are weird, thats all I can say after several years of living 24/7 with one in a small space, I'm qualified to say that. If there are aliens...cats either ARE them, or they communicate with them, and I'm pretty dang sure about that.

The mechanic said the AC couldn't work because the electric fan wasn't coming on so he replaced a relay, added a pound of r134 and wala...both problems were fixed for a mere $75 (You don't even want to know how cheap that wouldve been if I had just bought the stuff and done it myself..but, once again...reminds me of the guy who repaired the broken plane and charged $400. The Owner was irate when he saw that the only part replaced was a 25 cent bolt. The mechanic itemized the bill, 0.25 for the bolt, $399.75 for knowing where it goes and putting it in.) But the speedo needle hanging in the indented odometer rectangle..now that i was able to fix by drilling a hole thru the window in front of the speedometer and inserting a small brad/nail so the needle can't fall down past 10mph, so it can't fall down and get its little point stuck in the little box with the miles in it. That was basically free, and so far seems to work just fine.

Well, its been such a drought here, I finally broke down and bought a sprinkler and started watering in the front part of the lawn...(I mowed it after dark with headlights because the daytime has been so hot and because I was gone picking up Sam during the time I had planned to mow) ...not sure how wise that is...if ya water..it grows,,if it grows, ya gotta mow....so why mow and then water? Well, I don't mind mowing and would rather it be green. Guess thats all for today, hope you folks are enjoying this darn near full moon.

No comments: