Sunday, June 11, 2006

Was a quiet day of rest and I was just about to go start up the mower when the phone rang (Quail...an eccentric guy that has been known to wear Russian hats) ...and then shortly a knocking on the door, so I had to cut the call with Quail short to deal with the door, not knowing who was there. I had a shirt and underwear on, so was relieved it was relatives. Gem and Mew...wow..cool surprise! I didn't have the outside camera on so didn't even see them drive up. Mew...an expert marksman, (really), had come to help me with my annoying turtle problem...as many as 6 of them haunting my small pond. Of course they mustve got wind of his coming because they were nowhere to be found. So they fished first, and Gem caught about a 3 Lbs bass, biggest one i've seen in that pond, and I caught a quarter ounce one, which was comforting assurance that they are reproducing. Once Mew got the reel facing the right way on the rod casting went much better.

With no turtles to be found, I threw some tiny little red and white bobbers out far into the pond, and Mew took aim with the Marlin .22 rifle ...boom, he could nail them in one to two shots, and a floating stick? He made it dance! It stood up on one end and before it could get comfortable again , pop, it was jumping again. Impressive. So if I can get him talked into putting him a place out here on the land...I can probably stop paying the alarm company the monitoring fee, just have to buy a box of shells now and then...and dig a big pit in case we need to have any impromptu funerals.

Tomorrow I'll need to do some Okie engineering on my car. Seems somewhere between the thermostat and all the relays and sensors, the cooling fan for the radiator only comes on when it wants. So yeah, I'll just wire up a switch where I can manually turn it on, and when I do..all the relays and sensors will be bypassed but will still turn it on when they want to. Then there is the ac with plenty of r134 but blowing hot air...gotta get that checked out before a tuesday trip to Iowa. All these brilliant ozone protectors got us nuked right out of using freon...after all it was going up there and making a hole or some such nonsense. (nonsense I say ..because they have yet to explain how freon...ummm, which is HEAVIER than air....made it up there to that great hole..but hey, facts don't matter right?) .

No comments: