Tuesday, June 13, 2006

WOW, I finished reading that whole blog now, and all those "hopes" I had yesterday about Sam making the turn in his life, having it all under control, keeping the contract with his parents...By the time I finished reading that, I realized I was being shown some basic facts about what was to come...Sure the details will change..and I can always hope that by getting top notch psychiatric help and medication changes appropriate for bipolar, I can hope that Sam's story will be more consistently good for him...but my eyes are wide open now.

I think I'm going to have to prepare. Maybe prepare a very small place for him to live, and do away with most any rule except NO Company...(an earlier episode of his friends being nearby resulted in them foraging thru our house stealing what they chose to...we've since changed the access keys, and installed alarms and hidden camera's but still...NO COMPANY) but he can go where he chooses because other than that he will be living independently...And maybe if its small enough...that rule will kind of be a moot point. (I always think that should be "mute" point).

Cause If I've learned anything in return for staying up all night reading...its that he will return to self medicating and when he gets to the meth or xanax...especially with the alcohol...the imbalances are going to go hog wild again, and there is no stinking way he will be willing and able to keep the contract, or stay in a house with a parent/adult.

Time to put in a septic tank and buy a small shipping container. It won't keep him out of jail, but it will keep family disruptions and falling outs and all that usually torments others to a minimum. I knew I had some idea that his treatment thus far MIGHT not hold for good...but now its a pretty sure thing that we're not even going to get the rest of this month out of that deal.

Dang. Well, I've gotta make a quick run to Iowa and back so will catch up in a day or two.

No comments: