Sunday, June 18, 2006

Wonderful "fathers day". Got alot of yardwork done, and that is something I enjoy. Ole Pirate Gem came by, with Mew in tow, enjoyed getting to visit with them and Mew took a survey of the land scoping out a potential place for an RV site...hope he found one to his satisfaction. Then he headed for the city to catch a flight home, but turns out his plane was way late leaving out so...he probably won't be home till after midnight. Poor guy. I tell ya, with airline security having all their "rules" nowadays...I've just ruled out flying as an option. Just doesn't exist. On 9/11 we lost our twin towers AND our airlines. In my thinking, flying just doesn't exist as an option anymore. Period. I know that only costs them a couple tickets a year, but till they get themselves under control and back into the real world...hope they all go bankrupt, and sooooon.

Jindian had us over for dinner and had some mighty good grubb layed out there for fathers day. Made it pretty special, even sent me home with a plate full of my favorite cookies (chocolate oatmeal cookies on one side, and peanut butter cookies on the other). Got a chance to visit with that ornery grandaughter, she still doesn't talk much around me...just laughs when I steal food from her hand. She did show me her favorite critter though...a small stuffed pig... She will turn 2 years old by the time July gets here. Sheesh, they sure have their work cut out for them, that littlun has alot of force...like her ma, but I don't think they keep her quite as reeled in as her ma was...so it should be interesting. LOL...

Oh yeah, Pirate Gem found a tick out here today, and layed it on the edge of the side of my pickup bed, took out his knife and beheaded it right in front of me, one more gone!! And more poisoning to follow. I tell ya, it is war. You don't even want to think about being an enemy if I'm in charge, its not pretty. I don't go for namby pamby control and check. Ticks are evil, and they've "crossed the line". So they must all be eliminated.

Saw another rabbit going under the shed out back, that makes two rabbits an armadillo and a cat living under there. Guess they all get along alright, seems like they would when i think about each of them's natures. I didn't win the lotto tonight, but then again...i didn't buy a ticket. Just booted up disc one of a 43 episode dvd pack of Twilight Zone, so will be saying so long for now. And Marble lady, if you're listening...get into the doc this week...you're coloring isn't right, and they can do you some good, so pick up that phone and make the call. (please?).

Twilight zone is demanding more attention, hope its been a good day for all.

3 comments:

emc said...

How do you get chocolate oatmeal on one side and peanut butter cookie on the other side? That's the weirdest type of smore I ever heard of.

Anonymous said...

Good morning from the ashen one, believe it or not, I have to learn to live with my new complexion but if you consider the alternative, its not so bad!!!!! Thank you 416 times, the Urn is on the shopping list. The chilipepper made it to home base and sure enough I got weepy at the airport. Well, the bug just went through the doggy door chasing Casper so better get her. Bye

Ger said...

Yeah ya ya...I realized today that I shouldve said "on one side of the plate"...but the thought of such a smore is so pleasant I'm not going to edit it. And to the anonymous one I say...make sure you use up ALL those marbles before you even thinking about getting in that Urn. (even if I add a few hundred in years to come)
That BUG is somewhere between a hornet and a mosquito so you may want to put a livetrap on the other end of that doggy door.