Sunday, September 03, 2006

A Puzzled Brother

From my archived notes and memories I found a word-video of a scene with my oldest two youngens. Since I didn't have a video camera or digital camera back then, some events were written down for preserving and what I call...a word pic or a word-video. This is one I didn't want to forget.

Nov. 1999
"Here is a word picture of a scene with my kids at the house the other day. Just as I was starting to feel like there was hope for my 'determined to be non-domestic' daughter...My 15 yr old little bundle of joy was trying her hand at cooking, and relishing the authority that comes with being the cook...catching her 11 year old brother lifting the lid looking in the pan...she starts chastising him out of there, saying she is waiting for the water to boil so she can add her rice, (she even swings the long wooden spoon at him, it was a classic scene)..he looks at her real puzzled and says...it IS boiling...she said with that aire of expertise... 'no its not! its just bubbling, its been doing THAT for 10 minutes.'

Back to square one with little Betty Crocker"

Ah, the joy of parenting. I wish I had every such memory ready to revive, but then again, with those two I laughed hard and often I barely escaped the nuthouse as it was...Getting it all in one concentrated dose would probably cause respiratory failure. Little Betty Crocker has continued to improve and can set out some pretty goodeating these days, course she now IS the mommy, cooking for a little bundle of joy of her own.

2 comments:

Marbella said...

I also remember this and remember laughing so hard and teasing the cubette that her blond roots were showing, lol. How she has grown and become such a precious young lady and mother.

emc said...

ROFL, I didn't hear about the boiling water, but I do remember she could drive a golf-cart like a bat outta hell.