Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Imagine waiting at a 4 hour red light!

This is the morning view. See how one light is green? The trailer to the left is empty, ready to be picked up..but the yellowish light (its actually red...(the redeye on my camera must work a little too good)...means that trailer is not done yet.

When the light turns green you can hook back up to your trailer and go in and get your signed paperwork and leave. But I got here at 5am eastern, and the appointment isn't till 945...so its no surprise at 820 I'm sitting here with not much view but the red light.

Wish I could tell you it was a gorgeous drive on 64 thru Kentucky, WV, and Virginia, but it was dark and raining the whole way so there wasn't much sightseeing. When they get me done here and its time to head over to Norfolk, then up the coastline to NJ..thats what I'm looking forward to!! It's overcast here..but maybe it will clear up a little and I'll have time to get a picture or two and maybe even time to touch the ocean!!

The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel connects Virginia's Eastern Shore with the Virginia mainland at Virginia Beach near Norfolk.

Thats US highway 13 the bridges and tunnels carry. Almost 18 miles shore to shore. Designated "One of Seven Engineering Wonders of the Modern World" in 1965. For a better concept of how these tunnels and bridges are all united read this article it has a really good drawing of how it is laid out. Even tells me that a one way trip in a truck is $35.


Oh turn green already! Just look at the difference between those two pictures...plus, weather there at the moment is showing to be partly cloudy but with 10 miles visibility and 65 degrees!!

Ahhh....it is green now so you guys will have to go read somewhere else, this post is done. 930am here on the east side of things.






2 comments:

Marbella said...

Do you actually drive that big truck across all this water? I talked with Grace Kelly yesterday, we had a good visit. Her opal necklace has finally arrived so hope to get it to her soon. Just returned from open house and believe it or not the cub got really good comments from all her teachers, WHEW, be safe

GEM said...

When I was stationed in Norfolk, I would drive over that bridge on my way to NY or Boston. Back then the price was $17.00 for 1 car and 5 people. It is a marvel of engineering, new and was actually fun to drive across. The maint thing is, it saved a 100 mile trip around the Bay. I have been on your route many times. Enjoy the trip, it is great. GM