Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Microfreeze & Recording a missed show

Sure we have the technology to "microwave" things heating them up quickly. Seems to me like it should be possible then to reverse that and develop a "microfreeze" allowing you to create ice in seconds.

And since I'm putting ideas I've had out there for someone to put into creation and hopefully justly compensate me. There is another demand. We record channel 34 at 8:00pm...but aren't "all the channels" that we get coming through the cable at the same time...then they go into the tv...and we "fine tune" which "channel" we want to see. Why can't we "bulk record" the hour or two hour block. Capture whatever is coming through that cable BEFORE it was fine tuned by selecting a channel. Records it right onto an external hard drive that also has the hardware needed to respond to the "play" button. Then you could watch whatever channels were on between 8 and 9pm.

I sure hope my old friend Pat that went to Harding University with me back in 1979 I think it was...before he transferred to Louisiana in pursuit of an electrical engineering degree...I sure hope by random chance he reads this and creates this for me. (I know he'd cut me in an equitable idea fee).

2 comments:

emc said...

"Now under development, Virtual VCR will allow the user to record multiple programs simultaneously, record a full program even after it has started, and record future programs via an interactive program guide and/or remote control. Service providers can define the service through an administrative interface to meet the needs of their customers."

http://www.advanced-television.com/special_report/VOD/imagic.html

They're catching up with ya :-)

emc said...

and... overall amigo I think good ideas are dime a dozen, that's why they can't be patented. Implementing good ideas, however, is much more rare. For every 1000 people with a good idea, you'd be lucky to find 1 that actually does anything with it. Why is that?