Monday, September 28, 2009

Helping People see a greater life

Recently in an attempt to encourage a friend to take the plunge and become as physically fit as you can other than the body parts that don't work of course.

Still having a ways to go myself the little pep talk motivated me at least to restart yet again...a regular exercise program. So the attempt had some good results even if I'm the only one that benefited from the pep talk.

What I could envision for them was how great it has been for me to lose the 65-70 pounds. The increase in "feel good" days. The increase in spontaneous energy like to jump up and do something. And even though I've had my self esteem/ self image trashed and thrashed quite a bit these past some odd years...when a person gets this one critical sector...the body...feeling its best...ahhh what a charge!!

I personally know it is there waiting for whosoever will.

Kind of reminds me how my older brother is always trying to get me to believe not only that I "can" make a good living in the internet world...but that I will be awesomely put at ease once I've done the projects and will kick myself for not having just done that sooner, not believing why I couldn't see how easy it was.

So yes...sadly, I do understand the dampening impact of doubt. But taking it by faith, or hope...I don't want to feel what I sensed in my friend "ya..i know i know but deep down i just can't picture that joy you speak of and me actually making it happen". So, I'll be working on my writing project today. And hopefully I'll have hot water for washing dishes today and getting this little camper cleaned up. Amazing how a person just has to include cleaning as their "piddling around" to stay at it enough to keep a small place clean.

Hope all will take a step towards the life of their dreams today.

No comments: