Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday

Fixing to go out on the porch and kind of watch the sunrise...since my porch faces west, that is what i mean kind of.

It has been a very long week, especially being sick a few days, and then dealing with alot of heavier stuff. Maybe now things can go back just normal hearing impaired unemployed stress...the simpler stuff like chores, and paying bills, and getting groceries, and going to doctor appointments and forgetting doctors appointments.

It has been a good week though in some ways, my brother getting to enjoy his first full weekend retired. The weather hasn't been too horrible.

Sometimes that keep on keeping on just pops in my head. A principle walked into my 8th grade class, black horn rimmed gold tipped plastic glasses, a mostly balded top of his head, a thick almost wool looking suit, the wood floors of the school I could hear his quick pace even down the hall. He bursts into the room introducing himself, walking over to the chalkboard writes perseverance on the black board (pre green chalk board days)...bold cursive writing. "Who can tell me what that means".
Must have been a rhetorical question because he immediately turned back to the chalkboard to write "to keep on, keeping on". He said without perseverance we would fail at almost everything in life, but with it, we will eventually make it thru.

Mowed the grass yesterday, seems i went like 9 days this time instead of 7 so the kind little land lady gave me a write up sheet so i went ahead as soon as she was gone and mowed it...had to hurry cause my brother in law was on his way to borrow my mower...a deal the sisters and all were aware of but me, but was good to get a double shove to get her done.

Kinda been knocked flat on my back enthusiasm wise so I beg your forgiveness that I haven't been of my typical good cheer. I'll get that happy face back. May go for a walk today and see if we can't sneak in a swim at grandma's pool.

Then I gotta clear my work area, get some work done and maybe some sleep since I haven't been asleep all night. Haven't really been sleepy, just kinda feeling like just sitting here. So I hear young en up, time to go supervise him making his own omelet start to finish. He almost past yesterday...but think it will be a while longer before he can be trusted solo with the gas range, but he is learning the safety stuff as we go.

No comments: