Thursday, July 09, 2009

Hearing Aids

What has it been now 2 months since my in the canal top of the line personally programmed hearing aids came in. The first bit took a while to get use to having something in my ear...and noise being louder, but i was picking up a few voices that I hadn't been hearing before, but still having trouble deciphering them into words. Some improvement though, and it has helped alot knowing a sound was happening..like footsteps...only, unlike natural hearing...when it comes in thru a mic, there is no "direction" of the sound. Interesting, so while I might hear my phone ringing, I have no clue which direction it is.

Physical went well today, but weight was up. Blood pressure 102/69 and pulse was strangely up to 63..quite a diff. from its usual home in the 40's. Maybe the stress.
The increased sinus drainage, occasional morning sore throat, and greenish kleenex results he said was just allergies...lungs sounded clear. Gotta go back in one month for a follow up. Uggh 5 months of monthly follow up exams..only 3 left.

Gotta say I haven't accomplished as much as I should today because I haven't had the heart, but will try to get my strength back as soon as possible.

No comments: