Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Short Post of a busy week

Busy yesterday moving another load of "hers" to the house...another load of "mine" to storage. Application for a place to rent was accepted, being remodeled, they hope to have it ready this weekend so should be moved in by Monday and moving little brother in by next Wednesday.

Didn't move anything today, kind of overdid it yesterday ending up about 1am...besides not eating a single bite of food yesterday so that didn't help. Pain from that day is almost gone.

Todays goal was getting utilities appointment for turn on at the new place, done. Other goal (and absolute) not yet complete...finish paperwork gathering for the SSDI hearing tomorrow.

Sorry to all those who have tried to call I seem to be out of service area most of the time lately.

Ma's been busy preparing paperwork to get Nebraska child support off their stupid stupid heartless butts (description is my opinion). They based my disabled brother's child support on his pre-disability income because his ex wife perjured herself in stating he was still making the income he was making long before he was disabled...But Sarpy County Nebraska doesn't seem to care about facts, just procedures...which mentally he was incompetent to follow thru with. I feel sorry for those who live there. If I were king for a day...some guy named Mckenzie or something like that would spend his career with a straw broom cleaning gutters instead of representing the county government in any kind of legal capacity. But maybe not, because I think I'd want the streets cleaner than that.

Even when presented with the facts that the ex wife wrongly claimed his income at nearly 4x the actual income, they still don't feel that is relevant enough to open up the case and review and modify. Ma has done an EXCELLENT JOB, definitely would have been an excellent lawyer had she chosen to pursue that...but think she has too much heart and character to qualify for the job.

Don't know for sure what to report about the divorce status. I offered an either or deal. You take A and I take B or....You take B and I'll take A...your pick. I'm still having trouble comprehending why that is seen as "unfair".

Have been looking forward to the Uncle Sam tax rebate (not refund, that came and went to paying bills and buying beds)...Finally saw on my bank records that it had already come in...but seemed out of 1200 rebate, about 500 and 400 and 400 went to help fund checks to open "her" private account...so thats gone..the bright side of that is...I can quit looking for it to come in.

While I believe the few things I'm requesting is way way less than the after-debt equity in the place...evidently she doesn't. Hopefully she will get an appraiser that can tell her what I already know...my guess is there is at least 20 grand in equity above the debt...the few disputed things that I've requested don't come anywhere near to the 10grand of that equity that would be coming to me. My hopes on that are...that she learns quickly that my offer is WAY above and beyond generously fair, maybe then she won't be so hard to deal with.

Busy night tonight, busy day every day this week. Hope to get some time Saturday with my precious 6 year old...was supposed to get her last week but I wasn't in any kind of emotional state to be with her.

Will be moving this weekend or Monday at the latest...so some of the time she may be spending at grammys if they are available, but the rest of the time...I've got alot of fun stuff planned for her.

Looks like if I watch my pennies on the remaining checks coming in from last employer I should be in good shape for the month of June and part of July...but probably be hitting work hard before the end of July. Of course some of that depends on how expensive and drawn out the divorce becomes. I've tried to be as peaceful and fair as possible to keep court fees and lawyer fees at a minimum but...no matter what I do towards that end, I'm only one of the two parts. So we'll see.

I actually tried going to the movies today with some special hearing aids, but only understood maybe 10 words in the whole movie. That is really really a sad thing. Have alot of pain in my joints today, but overall I'm thankful and happy about having yet another day of life.

Still working at navigating life to an even greater level of peace and happiness.
Gotta get after it...fixing to eat some watermelon, cantaloupe, banana, apple, and orange slices and take a break before getting back to work on the Social Security paperwork.

Have a happy day...might as well because I am.

1 comment:

Marbella said...

Do you think we can get matching "orange" outfits?