Saturday, August 05, 2006

WHERE ARE MY GLASSES?

Now some of the youngsters out there may not relate to this, but I'm afraid if you're old enough not to be carded for id...you probably can tell when this has happened to you. Marbella was telling about the time she was having trouble filling out a form and she had the young man over the counter help her with it since she "couldn't find her glasses". He wasn't very far into that when someone standing by Marbella helped her locate her missing glasses...it wasn't like he went thru her purse though, they were on her head.

I have lost many pair of sunglasses in my hair. More than once I have placed a hat on my head and spent quite a few minutes of my life looking for it. Or searched and searched for a set of car keys, sometimes having to reach into a place to check, but had to lay the keys down so my hand would be empty.

This all makes me think of K's blog about what you're looking for . Could it be that people spend hours yearning for something else...when in reality what they are wanting satisfied is already there "on their head" so to speak? Now if what you are wanting is "solitude"...don't be ticked at people ignoring you. "the glasses are on your head". Thats just one example...but take a look at what you're wanting, you may not have to spend much effort or money to get it, you may already have it and just can't see it.

Then there is the other side of that too. You may be spending your life looking for it in the wrong place. Sheesh i hate when that happens, hours upon hours knowing what you need and where you thought it was...only to find out it isn't there.
Well folks...its almost 2am so you can apply this where ever you can find a place to fit it. I'm going looking for my pillow, and I've got a pretty good idea that it isn't in this laptop.

2 comments:

emc said...

ROFL, Great analogies ger-beans!!

Marbella said...

There is definitely "wisdom" in this writing if we look deep. Thanks