Thursday, August 10, 2006

Wala! BooHoo!

Weird combination of words...but translated that means...got all the little wires and cables and whatnots hooked up on the computer system I was building and reached over and grabbed the video card (the thing that lets all that data go to the monitor)...and I'll be dad gum if that video card will not work in the AGP revision 3 slot that this new mb has!! You've got to be kidding!! Wish I was. So a bit of delay now till I get a video card to replace the perfectly fine but wrong style video card I already have. :(

Oh well, I did find out a friend of mine thinks he has a couple spare ones and he would donate one to my cause (but he didn't want me to give him mine in swap! LOL..).

Going with Mr. Sam this morning to get the hanging muffler on his car bolted back up, and hopefully check into some apartments. Then I may help him get that queen size bed out of the bed of my pickup that I bought for him the other day when a guy offered to sell me a really cool condition Honda trail 70, with the queen size bed for $150. Couldn't pass that up.

Then I may go check out some prices on some basic video cards that will work just in case my friend doesn't have one. There are sure alot of things in life i've run onto that when ya think you finally got it under control and are ready to proudly say "Wala!"...a fly comes and lands in the soup and ...well, ya...boohoo. (But i'd pitch the fly and eat the soup...can't quite do that in this case).

5 comments:

Marbella said...

My Dad would have said, "You are building character son". Still miss that old toot.

emc said...

Yeah, we have a family motto up here in the highlands about that...

Expect the best, plan for the worst, lol.

emc said...

I miss that old toot too. Although I'd never call him that :-)

Anonymous said...

Can't think of how many times we did that with PC in the early days, after a few times (like everything else in life) how to look ahead and dodge most of the pitfalls. I find you can laugh or cry but do one and get on with it...lol

GEM said...

I took the easy route- Gave the old puter away and bought a cheap Dell- Rebuilding old stuff reminds me of that old Johnny Cash song: "1 piece at a time" where he steals parts of a Cadillac over the years and then assembles them into a car. He said it looked mighty wierd and his title showed it was a 49,50,51,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60 model automobile- The point being, newer parts don't quite fit in older equipment and its easy to become frustrated. But oh what a challenge and if and when we make it succeed, gosh, what peresonal accomplishment. My hats off to you for your fortitude and persistance. Enjoy the trip no matter what the outcome..