Thursday, November 19, 2009

Computer repair

Part of getting my household organized involves getting a computer or two of the 6 i have in this little camper at the moment...to work. Almost had it and the lcd monitor hooked up to it didn't shut down..it just started flashing a full blue screen, then a full orange, green, white..etc..even when it was disconnected from the computer. Holding its power button down was ignored as well. Now that is a really crappy thing after i've worked thru the night swapping drives, testing this, testing that, changing settings, strapping the hard drive i was working on, onto another computer at the same time so I could check out the integrity of the drive.

I've got this to cross off today. I've got to go by the VA office today. And maybe take a nap while my beans cook. The batteries in my phone are down so it will be here at the house while I run to town. Now i'm going to be shutting this computer down because i need to use its monitor.

Got alot done yesterday..even put in an hour working on cleaning up the car. That was layer two of cleaning. That little rascally Grace Kelly was actually laughing when she opened the door to get in last time...stopped and turned around and said ..."Look Mom..see" and little one is just busting a gut laughing as she found my car dirty beyond comprehension. Little toot...half the crap I clean up on her side of the car is her discarded wrappers, suckers, gum, whatever.

Anyhow, not saying a word to her about it, but if she doesn't notice I'll either clean another layer of dirt off or go in and laugh at her room cause its worse!

Got my hair cut, picked up and went thru the mail. etc...but it felt good to get cleaned up and get out moving around again. Maybe won't be as scarry looking. :)

3 comments:

SleepyElf said...

uh oh. Better put a stop to that now, they grow up fast and turn into little piggies. When we all go out in my car as we're getting out to go inside I nicely remind everyone to take anything they brought into the car back out with them. A little garbage can helps a lot to. The little bits of paper, receipts, wrappers don't wind up all over.

I haven't figured out the room problem though, kiddo's looks like a recycling bin blew up in it.

Ger said...

LOL..well, I think in the car she was almost in admiration of just how piggish it could get...set a new marker for her to reach for her to reach with her room...LOL.

Ger said...

The computer stuttered i think. Surely I didn't do that.