Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Build your own happy place

If I when my wife is sleeping
and the baby and Kathleen
are sleeping
and the sun is a flame-white disc
in silken mists
above shining trees,--

if I in my north room
dance naked, grotesquely
before my mirror
waving my shirt round my head
and singing softly to myself:
"I am lonely, lonely.
I was born to be lonely,
I am best so!"
If I admire my arms, my face,
my shoulders, flanks, buttocks
again the yellow drawn shades,--

Who shall say I am not
the happy genius of my household?

(c. 1917 Robert Zverina's "Danse Russe")

That from a link my brother sent me,,,to that poem, that for some bizzarre reason, made him think it was something he could see me living out. LOL.

It's weird but it makes me chuckle...and reminds me of a youtube he posted that brightens my insides...featuring a Cat Stevens song where a guy is dancing..that youtube looked so much like my brother from a distance I thought he had finally made a vid !!






Delights my soul.

When I woke up this morning, having had a little better sleep than the night before but not much...I was drained, tired, cold, hungry, and thinking of all the blues that have come my way. I thought about people in nursing homes..the white, sterile, cold nursing homes...with no friends, no abilities, dependent, and my mind raced to find them something..."what about tv?" ..well, sometimes that can take you to a happy place. "What about computers?"..I mean, some of the old timers who live shut in at home alone could easily be taught Evony or some free online game that has a chat box, a function, a thing to do...that would be a cool charity...Internet equipping and training the capable but shut in.

Uggh, put off getting up another couple of hours, but once done I finished watching the movie I had put in hours earlier to help me fall asleep..it had worked..but now I wanted to know how it ended. "Bird on a wire" with Mel Gibson and Goldie Hawn.

Read that poem above in my yahoo chat that bro had sent while i was asleep...made me laugh. The day was rolling now..LOL..once I can get that first laugh I'll find some more somewhere. "Oh yeah!" says I to myself...remembering what I bought in my industrious day yesterday.



All I had to do was throw a couple into the pan already on the stove and set the timer:



And then it would be time to turn them over for 4 minutes and delicious! and I'm hungry!













Trouble is...IF THIS BOX is left closed as it was today:






Then that little timer makes no audible sound...and the crispier side of life begins...


So now with sausage in my tummy and a peppy encouraging "poem" and the "youtube" video...Bring it on cold damp dreary windy chill...I'm a grinning.

No comments: