Monday, August 03, 2009

When Firecrackers Explode

Was a great weekend, Leandra had a blast, and her company and intellect is most delightful. I helped her maternal grandmother on my trip back by hauling a whole pickup load of furniture up to Leandra's mom. It was a tiring trip, headed right into the sun at the eve of the day. Got a little sleepy and kind of wandered over the line a few times but was shocked to hear firecracker curse me for it. "Hey give me a break, I just went over a little and I'm looking for my exit".

The delivery of kids ad furniture went smooth, looks like they've got a nice place this time, but that 750 a month sure seems steep, alas..that is how it is in the cities these days.

On the way home I tried to talk firecracker into not having so much hate in her heart, be at least cordial with whom we have to deal with. That made her angry and she once again brought up that I had crossed the line a couple times (no accident, just meandered a bit).

Being the way I am, anytime somebody doesn't like what I'm doing for them, I'm very glad to turn the chore over to them so it can be done right. I pulled over, said I'll ride, you drive. But when she opened the passenger door she took off walking west down the interstate. Before I could even figure out what to do a guy pulls over and she jumps in.

I just came on home, got to bed around 10. Having already been thru this once last year I made it plain that if you leave, you leave and its done. Well she went to a gas station and called her mom to come get her, 2 hours out. By the time she got home I was fast asleep.

Until some heavy metal object cracked me in the back of the head, and then hit my ear finishing off any hearing that was left in that hear...seems likely the ear drum is broken, it is painful and quite deaf. When I jumped up to find out what the heck was going on, she was in full scale war, knocked my front tooth loose, multiple bruises, a cut near the eye, till I could retrain her, but anytime she got loose she went for anything from eyeballs to testicles. I finally told her to get out, that I'd move out tomorrow, but I wasn't going to be an abused spouse.

It took alot to restrain her, kicking, pinching, punching. Finally the sheriff arrived...I think her mom called them thinking it was Firecracker taking the beating but I have a thing about hitting girls. If they pull my hair, I'll pull back, but other than that I just push em to the floor and hold them down. I was anxious for the cops to arrive. They did. Since she had lost her keys she just busted the door knob off on the backdoor and busted the window out of the front door. There goes my security deposit.

Since the pickup is in her name I was told I couldn't use it to move so I loaded it up with her stuff and will probably bike out to the uhaul place today to get a truck and get the rest of my stuff out of the house. Real bad timing since all my job apps are tied to my phone number and i took a good swim in the pool day before with it in my pocket.

Guess today I'll go down and close out the joint bank account, pick up some repair stuff for the windows and doors though one is busted 4inches out from the knob. Going to have to get a phone in my name and transfer the number too. Then need to look over my budget and get with the landlord to see if I can just pay this first half a month and use it to move out and get utilities all turned off.

Sure hopeful one of those out of town jobs comes thru in the next couple weeks, I'm anxious to get out of here and just enjoy my own company. It will be a busy day today. The loose tooth is the same one my brother broke one of the 2 roots off years ago, so I have no idea if it will survive, sure bled alot, fact I had quite a few spots bleeding. Especially when I walked it the front room and shattered glass was all over the floor.

I been busy all night trying to get things in order, didn't take her near as long to trash and destroy the place as it has me to try to reassemble, reorganize and pack.
Will she come back today with a gun? Don't know, but I'm definitely keeping my semi automatic close at hand.

August has begun.