Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Out of Body Experience

Bit different than the title suggests though, I was out of my body and IT had the experience. That is what happened last night. I remember going to visit the person, I remember setting down, and I woke up this morning. The entire conversation and visit is not there, as if it didn't exist, "deleted for real".

I asked Firecracker this morning...What were the conversations about? And she described to me those couple hours and it didn't at all sound familiar. Even with the mental prompts of someone who was with you the whole time...no spark, nothing. There is a complete hole in that mental storage file. It is an empty file. Labeled, but empty.

I've heard of alcoholics "blacking out", not passing out, but big black darkness over blocks of time. This was like that, except without the intoxication. My body had the experience, Firecracker said that I conversed most normally and behaved normally, and she too is completely puzzled why that file is just non-existent.

And today, all of a sudden it comes to me that I have a doctor appointment in 45 min. Clean up a bit, shave. I lather up, and firecracker and i are yelling things to each other and cracking up and I'm not hearing her so I come into the bedroom to hear it and I'm laughing at what she says, and go back to the bathroom to put on some after shave when shocked by catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror and seeing some bluish white stuff all over my face. I lean in for a closer look, it is shaving cream.

I set the bottle of aftershave down, pick up my razor, give it a puzzled look in fact. Then holler back at Firecracker, "Can you believe this, I got distracted talking to you and forgot that I was shaving and had not shaved yet." . What is that bluish white crap on my face? Now another out of body experience, it had the experience while I guess my mind was elsewhere completely.

Trying to guess what the cause is? Well it wasn't drugs and it wasn't alcohol so now what? Getting old? Stress? Disease? Tiredness?

But as to why some players in the online game I play are war like always bothering the others that are busy trying to build wealth and resources. I discover as if I've seen in the mind of those who build 12 barracks and no warehouses..they don't see the game as "accumulating goods": they see the whole home thing as simply a base where troops are made to attack the buggers and rule the world
It is a very different river that some are floating and hard to understand sometimes the mindset of others.

Random thoughts, gotta run, doc appt.

3 comments:

emc said...

Could be sleep deprivation, esp. if you've been missing REM, but how could that be??

SleepyElf said...

Lemme know if you figure it out. I do that all the time. Get up, walk into the garage and think "what am I doing in here?" go sit back down then realize I got up to fold the laundry that was buzzing in the dryer.

GEM said...

where am I? After smoking some of that funny weed, we would be seeking the meaning of life. You Indians might be hitting the button a little too much. Where am I? Just chillin', that's all.