Monday, April 13, 2009

I can hear too much and too little

Took a test today for a surveying like job, did real well on it but it would mean moving several hours away so that's still got to be thought out.

Qualified to take a test next Monday for a really good job only about an hour and a half north, better pay, better location, tougher competition, we'll see what happens.

Got my newest latest and greatest hearing aids today. Crumpling paper is Extremely loud...I hear every breath in and out, found out the engine of the car actually is audible at idle...that ought to save a few starter grinds...and there are SO many noises out there in the course of just a normal day I'm thinking the doc is going to have to up my Valium !! All of a sudden even the kitchen floor creaks loudly when I walk across it. Wonder if I need to have someone check it out, maybe a plumbing leak or something rotting the infrastructure? Finally just took those darn things out of my ears to take a break.

Conversation is more audible...and maybe 10% more discernable but I'm not going to be doing away with the captions or the lip reading just yet...maybe ever.

Going to the VA tomorrow hopefully to discuss VA disability for a problem that began some 30 years ago in the service and appears to have continued to negatively affect my earnings. Heck they may declare me deaf and crazy and take me away to some remote cave.

Supposed to contact the unemployment people tomorrow, only required to do 3 job searches a week, think I've got over 15 active applications being progressed on. But the unemployment check, once it ever starts, is plenty to get by on so at first I'm concentrating my work search on advantageous employments.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Easter weekend. Little Grace Kelley and her step brother Mig got to hunt eggs at his cousins house way out in the boondocks. Sunday lunch with Ma and my yougest brother and his family was a treat. Even though I've gained 12 pounds in the past 2 weeks (despite my previous blog post!!) I'm blaming most of that on Ma's cooking. M-80 said her cooking ought to be outlawed, its just too good to properly restrain ones self when available.

Missed seeing the oldest two of my offspring, but they have their own lives now, and have to make their own choices. Sure thought about them though and hoped they enjoyed the holidays.

Ahh..got so much to do I'm tired just glancing over at the pile, but it will be done this week...just can only do so much each day. Feels like Friday already !!

Thinking about buying a tent and paying the $8 to go camping pretty soon.

Have to give these hearing aids a couple weeks for the adjustment period, then go back in for reprogramming, fine tuning, whatever...still too early to tell if they are going to be worth keeping. Probably going to try a movie in a few days, that should be a good test.

Hope the weather is good tomorrow like they say...looking forward to my walk.

1 comment:

emc said...

Wonder what you'll hear on your walk?