Wednesday, April 15, 2009

15 Hours worth

Take boy to school. Stopped by post office to mail some papers to the VA, not open yet. Go to drug store spend an hour looking for the right cream for M-80's foot, seems one of em decided to crack open and bleed after the 3 mile walk yesterday, so no walk today.

Got some freeze packs to take the swelling down and Zin crack cream and some plain aloe vera lotion for future use after the crack is healed. Picked me up some cod liver oil. Went by and checked my mail and got some stamps and mailed the VA letter.

Went by the VA office, turns out they are closed on Wednesdays :(. Reschedule that for tomorrow. Stopped by and visited Ma about an hour. Networked the printer at home so either computer can use it. Scheduled my annual physical since it got canceled last month.

Put spare tire and wheel chair in Mother in law's car since she was headed to the city for her brothers knee surgery. Mowed the lawn. Whipped together a cup of baking mix and milk and made a pig in the blanket on the griddle. Made a batch of fried biscuits for M-80...trying to keep her off her feet today.

Filed my unemployment biweekly claim, scanned for any new jobs. Worked on the Cadillac, ran diagnostics on why the blower motor and a/c not working, finally tracked it down to a loose wire. Great, finally got that working. Test drove it...steam filled the car like a Cheech and Chong movie. Hmmmm....must be a busted heater core..only a $50 part but completely formidable labor...going to undo the heater hoses from it tomorrow and connect them to each other, bypass the heater core for now since it is summer time.

Picked up boy from school, worked with him about an hour on worksheets I've made up for him to help him catch up in his math and computing elapsed time, and converting analog time to digital, and drilled some subtraction flash cards and made him write out his spelling words.

Did some research online and scoured ebay for some items I'm looking for. Ate a bag of chicken gizzards with a can of Busch Beer. Would have been perfectly complete with a moon pie but alas...diet, diet, diet.

Worked with boy two hours to help him complete his science fair project to take to school tomorrow. Read a chapter in Max Lucado's book "Traveling Light" (a most excellent book by the way).

Went online and paid my utility bills and reviewed my credit card activity just to make sure everything was kosher. Picked up our mail at our residence mailbox..two netflix movies in..alas, no time to watch them today.

Worked with hearing aids today, took 2 more Valium, all these noises is still extremely stressful but made a little progress today trying to learn to process/interpret/comprehend what I'm hearing. Wadding up paper is still HORRIBLY loud.

Tomorrow has quite a few things on it already but a bit of a breather, probably going to use a bit of the extra time to get reorganized, catch up my filing AGAIN, and review my lists to make sure I'm not forgetting something vital.

Ordered that Health Book sure looks like it would be interesting, but then again, I think I've read every medical book I've ever had access to, from cover to cover and back again. Of course I read the Mixed reviews many negative...but alas isn't there always plenty of that...still looks interesting to me.

Biggest obstacle of the day was figuring out how to run the diagnostics and do the trouble shooting on that caddy but...it has been on my list for a very long time so I'M RELIEVED.

Probably a ton more stuff happened today, but that is at least 15 hours worth from my day. I'm tired. Was sure thinking about going camping this weekend but it sure looks like it is not going to be good weather for that !!! We'll see.

No comments: