Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Yucky Church

Well for quite awhile now I've been wanting to attend this newer church in town to find out what it was all about. Today I did. The music was so horrifically loud that even with my hearing aids turned OFF, thereby acting as ear "plugs"...it was painful.

Though they never got to the "sermon" part..or perhaps after a mere 30 minutes I none-the-less left too soon, but it was predominately a bad experience.

Now I'm not a feminist by any stretch of the imagination but they evidently just ignored passages like 1 Corinthians 14:34-36 and 1 Timothy chapter 2..(I'm not singling out the verse on that chapter you'd just have to read it for yourself).

So is this what we do these days? Just "ignore"? Personally I've heard some fantastic women speakers...the verses aren't there because of ability or inability. Why would that be in the Bible? Well the why isn't always explained, but in this particular case it actually is. Nope, I'm not going to reveal it, if you want to know you'd have to read it for yourself.

It was disappointing this morning though, I left before the pain coming into my head thru my ears became permanent. Yuck. As much as I love God, and as much as I enjoy the fellowship of a variety of Christians...it was a yucky experience.

4 comments:

Marbella said...

sorry for your unpleasant experience, especially since we had such a loviing positive experience, you know you are welcome to join us anytime, just get used to the "snubs" like I am having to do. I just remind myself that I was there "first" lol

Marbella said...

oh yeah, maybe you shouldn't make "church" a negative since its just a building, lol

Ger said...

A person would think it would be easy to handle being looked down on and talked about...and still enjoy the moment...probably could if I had a longer term social structure built there...but after so many "tours of duty" I'm battle weary, and needing a combat free zone. LOL.

Marbella said...

can totally understand, even with all the love and support of friends, it still hurts and dims some of the joy but maybe that is the underlying motive of a troubled spirit