Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sky Diving in Chicago Finally

For a very long time I've thought about sky diving in Chicago and finally yesterday the chance came to do just that. It wasn't as exciting as I had always thought it would be. Mainly because somebody advised me on my way "down" that I should work on a crossword puzzle. It was just the last minute or so that I realized this crossword puzzle distraction had totally robbed me of enjoying the free fall flight that I had so desired. All I could do at that point besides trying to focus on remembering the landing procedure was gripe at myself for spending that whole trip from the jump till the landing prep...working on a crossword puzzle instead of feeling, experiencing, seeing, enjoying.

I woke up from that dream thinking..."Wow. Applicable, applicable, applicable".

2 comments:

Marbella said...

Is there any such thing as "enjoying a free fall"

emc said...

Don't ya just hate it when that happens? Now if it was something like, if you solve this puzzle then your parachute will open, you'd probably take great satisfaction in getting that sucker done.