Sunday, November 19, 2006

Moments in Life


Passing thru Wyoming, alas still on I80 but not Pennsylvania this time.

As you can see from this picture, there is alot of time to think...and listen to the xm radio. This morning as miles rolled by and channel 171 "open road" was on, I was listening to Marcia Campbell, and she asked "what do you call a male turkey, a female turkey, a baby turkey"...and her phone started ringing with guesses.

This one guy that called in was so loaded with obvious "into it" excitement as he described how he sprang into action using speed dial to call his brother the game warden. As he proudly explained about his having speed dial set up on his cell phone, and how his brother had speed dial too, and Marcia was amused asking him "did you wake him up to ask him?" " Oh No, he was eating breakfast..." and the call went on.

What was CRYSTAL clear to me was the amount of concentration and excitement in the guys voice, like a kid eagerly set out to do a job he's proud to do...I can see him adjusting the volume on his radio as the program begins, listening intently and enjoying the program and hearing the question ..he lights up, Yeah! and he's involved. For the moments that follow, and minutes that follow, this guys got some zest and purpose and interest and excitement...and he's driving his truck and talking to his brother with enthusiasm and calling the radio station and waiting , hoping to get thru. He's got the answer.

Ahhh...I love watching other people enjoy moments in life, simply, sometimes in quite puzzling ways... To think that somewhere this very morning, somebody was angry or irritated or lost or confused or even sleeping...totally unaware that there was sheer excitement to be had.

Life is cool. Keep it simple, keep it within the moment.

2 comments:

emc said...

I like that image of the "open road." Sometimes, in between the talk shows in my head, I still catch glimpses of it, out the corners of my eye. Reminds me, along with your fine story, to ask myself frequently "what would I love to do right now?" "how would I love to be right now?" Just to make sure I haven't lost the threads to those impossible dreams...

Marbella said...

powerful and very insightful