Monday, February 15, 2010

Feb. 15th Has Been Better Than Valentines Day For 26 Years

"Hello, is this here the Sheriff's Office?" "Yes. What can I do for
you?"

"I'm calling to report my neighbor, Virgil Smith. He's drillin' holes
in his farwood and hiding marijuana inside!"
"Thank you very much for the call, sir."

The next day, the Sheriff & his deputies descend on Virgil's house.
They search the shed where the firewood is kept. Using axes, they split
every piece of wood, but find no marijuana. They sneer at Virgil and
leave. The phone rings at Virgil's house. "Hey, Virgil! This here is
Floyd. Did the Sheriff come?" "Yeah!"

"Did they split yer farwood?" "Yep!"

"Happy Birthday, buddy!"

(Who says rednecks aren't real bright?!)

With my oldest daughter turning 26 years OLD today, and it being so very cold out, (still showing 25 degrees)...something like this would have been tempting, but with her husband being on the police force now...Kinda don't think it would have been properly appreciated....so I'm just wishing her a Happy Birthday in my heart.

1 comment:

Marbella said...

enjoyed the message and also wish my granddaughter a happy birthday, sorry we missed you yesterday, cub is still home today