Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wonderful Week

Finally started actually feeling some improvement Tuesday and a bit more every day since. Having pneumonia in both lungs, both in the lowest lobes of the lungs could have easily meant time in the hospital but fortunately 40,000 mg of augmentin (fancy name for basically penicillin) over 10 days seemed to just do the trick. It is WONDERFUL to feel good again.

Had a chance to work on my newly acquired used car this weekend. It would start, idle, then the rpm would jump then dive to its death. First suspect was the fuel injector pressure regulator though it wasn't too likely since typically when it fails too much fuel pressure goes thru and black smoke is evident..which wasn't the case. Then suspect was the fuel pump or filter...though that really didn't jar with me either since it consistently restarted fine. So I replaced the Mass Air Flow Sensor and wahooo!! The car took off and ran like it was supposed to. That and a new battery ran about $200. Ouch. But..it works now!!

So far as I know the new job I applied for and tested for is still looking promising. It is supposedly 100 percent based on the test..which was actually very similar to an iq test...but surprisingly enough I did pretty decent on it. Should have the results of everybody elses in by Wednesday...it is an exciting opportunity but we'll see whether it pans out or not.

My mrs. Firecracker has her eye surgery Wednesday. With the detaching retina, thin cornea and borderline glaucoma it was becoming very doubtful that they were going to be able to do anything surgically to help but thanks to the latest and greatest technology it looks very promising. Lets just hope they do a better job than they've done the last couple of back surgerys !! Think she is starting to run out of spare parts so maybe this year won't be as profitable to the surgeons as the previous years.

Ma has done a most excellent job preparing for the trial to get the gross injustice corrected on Wolf's child support modification. Sounds like she has covered all the bases and came at each issue with the proper angle so that will be a blessing to him and I'm sure a relief off her mind. That happens Wednesday also.

Seems like Wednesday is going to be "the day" this week when so many things will come to fruition one way or another or another...strange how weeks can go by with nothing but work and preparation then all of a sudden..harvest time.

First thing I did with my newly acquired car when I got home? Backed up too far and broke my lens cover on my rear right turn light. Sheesh. LOL.

Anyway, there is much going on and I will try harder to post, but we'll see.
Since its 11pm...already 3 or 4 hours past my bedtime...I'm headed for the sack.

May this be a good week for all. Whichever way any of it goes...there will likely be a good side to it. Keep smiling, keep hoping, keep praying, keep forgiving, keep trying, and keep getting healthier. Goodnight all.

1 comment:

emc said...

Ah, the Gerbeans pops back up out of his hole. It must be Spring!

Wishing you all a very auspicious week!